On some days, we can’t focus on anything productive and would rather procrastinate. On days like these, here are some quotes to get you in the productivity zone.
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links. If you buy something after clicking on one of the links, I may receive a commission. But don’t worry, you won’t have to pay anything extra. All good. Thanks!
What is productivity?
Productivity is doing something useful with your time. And it entails more than simply being busy doing something in your career and personal life.
Rather, it refers to doing something worthwhile that will enhance your talents, skills, and knowledge. Bring you closer to your goals and objectives. Or improve yourself and your quality of life.
Why is productivity important?
The importance of productivity is that it is a measure of how we spent our time.
As we all know, time is a very important resource that we cannot renew, reproduce, or store. As such, we need to make sure that we were able to make good use of this limited resource.
10 Inspirational quotes about productivity
Even if we want to be productive all of the time, there are times when we simply feel- meh. Which is, of course, normal.
And with a little rest, we can easily get over this feeling. But if it persists, here are some inspirational quotes to get you back to work.
1. “The tragedy in life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.”– Benjamin E. Mays
2. “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.”– Bruce Lee
3. “Until we can manage time, we can manage nothing else.”– Peter Drucker
4. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”– Walt Disney
5. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”– Wayne Gretzky
6. “Action is the foundational key to all success.”– Picasso
7. “Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.”– Stephen King
8. “We have a strategic plan. It’s called doing things.”– Herb Kelleher
9. “You see, in life, lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know. Knowing is not enough! You must take action.”– Tony Robbins
10. “Ordinary people think merely of spending time, great people think of using it.”– Arthur Schopenhauer
What is focus and its importance?
Focus is the ability to train your attention on a certain subject, project, topic, and so on.
And in our fast-paced world, our attention span has been compromised in some way. Multitasking has taken its place in our quest to accomplish more than we can in a given amount of time.
As a result, despite the fact that we are extremely busy, we do not complete what we started. If we do finish, the results will be mediocre. That, or it is unrelated to our goals and objectives, in which case it serves no purpose.
How to stay focused
Concentrating on one project at a time improves productivity and quality. So, here are some suggestions to help you focus:
- Remove or reduce distractions.
- Refrain from multitasking.
- Practice meditation.
- Get enough sleep.
- Practice healthy eating.
- Get your daily dose of exercise.
- Set priorities. Make a list of your day’s most important tasks.
- Try the Pomodoro method. Set a timer for your work and break periods. Rinse and repeat.
- Keep your work area clutter-free.
11 Inspirational quotes on being focused
In addition to the above suggestions on how to stay focused, you could also read the following quotes:
1. “Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days.”– Zig Ziglar
2. “Successful people maintain a positive focus in life no matter what is going on around them. They stay focused on their past successes rather than their past failures, and on the next action steps they need to take to get them closer to the fulfillment of their goals rather than all the other distractions that life presents to them.”– Jack Canfield
3. “Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun’s rays do not burn until brought to a focus.”– Alexander Graham Bell
4. “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.”– Bruce Lee
5. “I don’t care how much power, brilliance or energy you have, if you don’t harness it and focus it on a specific target, and hold it there you’re never going to accomplish as much as your ability warrants.”– Zig Ziglar
6. “Instead of focusing on that circumstances that you cannot change – focus strongly and powerfully on the circumstances that you can.”– Joy Page
7. “It is wise to direct your anger towards problems – not people; to focus your energies on answers – not excuses.”– William Arthur Ward
8. “Most people have no idea of the giant capacity we can immediately command when we focus all of our resources on mastering a single area of our lives.”– Tony Robbins
9. “You don’t get results by focusing on results. You get results by focusing on the actions that produce results.”– Mike Hawkins
10. “When walking, walk. When eating, eat.”– Zen proverb
11. “Your destiny is to fulfill those things upon which you focus most intently. So choose to keep your focus on that which is truly magnificent, beautiful, uplifting and joyful. Your life is always moving toward something.”– Ralph Marston
What is procrastination
Procrastination is the act of putting off something that must be done. The reasons for procrastination vary, but the following are among the most frequently cited:
- The task is overwhelming,
- It is difficult,
- Not interesting enough,
- Being a perfectionist,
- Fear of failure,
- No definite objective,
- Getting distracted.
How to overcome procrastination
Here are some ideas to help you overcome procrastination:
- Break down a large project into manageable chunks to avoid becoming overwhelmed.
- Make a list of your priorities and concentrate on them.
- Seek assistance with tasks that are beyond your knowledge or expertise.
- Use the Pomodoro method to get into the zone.
- Remind yourself that done is better than perfect.
- Be kind to yourself, and remember that failing is a natural part of the process.
- To avoid distractions, turn off your phone or work with only one tab open on your computer or laptop.
- Clarify or redefine your goals to help you focus and overcome procrastination.
10 Inspirational quotes on procrastination
In addition to the above-mentioned ideas for overcoming procrastination, consider the following quotes to energize you to complete the tasks at hand:
1. “The greatest amount of wasted time is the time not getting started.”– Dawson Trotman
2. “In the conduct of almost every affair slowness and procrastination are hateful.”– Marcus Tullius Cicero
3. “Procrastination is not waiting and it is more than delaying. It is a decision to not act.”– Joseph Ferrari
4. “What may be done at any time will be done at no time.”– Scottish proverb
5. “It’s the job that’s never started that takes longest to finish.”– J.R.R. Tolkien
6. “The dread of doing a task uses up more time and energy than doing the task itself.”– Rita Emmett
7. “Much of the stress that people feel doesn’t come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they started.”– David Allen
8. “How soon ‘not now’ becomes ‘never’.”– Martin Luther
9. “Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday and avoiding today.”– Wayne Dyer
10. “Procrastination has been called a thief—the thief of time. I wish it were no worse than a thief. It is a murderer; and that which it kills is not time merely, but the immortal soul.”– William Nevins
To conclude, in order to be productive, it is necessary to maintain focus and avoid procrastination.
And there are various ways to counteract or overcome the things that keep you from being focused, procrastinating, and being productive. These suggestions include the use of inspirational quotes that we have previously shared.
We hope you find them useful and that these quotes inspire you to get started.
Please share your thoughts or ideas about the Best Quotes On Persistence (Give Up? Hell No!) in the comments below. And if you liked this article, you might be interested as well in these articles:
36 Positive Life Quotes To Cheer You Up
45 Quotes About Hope From The Oldies
43 Inspiring Quotes On Being Kind And Generous
12 Best Inspirational Quotes To Cheer You Up Now
31 Of The Best Inspirational Quotes Of All Time
Best Inspirational Quotes For The Compassionate Woman
The Best Inspirational Quotes For Strong Women
Best Quotes On Persistence (Give Up? Hell No!)