Sometimes you need to be your own cheerleader. When everyone else seems to be giving up, you need to gather your courage and keep going.
Here are some of the best quotes to help you hang in there and keep going after your dreams.
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links. If you buy something after clicking on one of the links, I may receive a commission. But don’t worry, you won’t have to pay anything extra. All good. Thanks!
31 Best quotes to help you persist
Continuing to pursue your dreams despite difficulties and oppositions is what it takes to persist.
Persistence is an important characteristic to have in order to grow and develop as a person. Furthermore, it is a determining factor in your level of success, wealth, and happiness.
So, whenever you feel like giving up, take a short break and read these quotes to motivate you to keep going.
Don’t give up
2. Survival can be summed up in three words — never give up.– Bear Grylls
3. Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about.– Winston Churchill
4. I was taught the way of progress is neither swift nor easy.– Marie Curie
5. You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.– Maya Angelou
6. Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.– Jack Ma
7. It is never too late to be what you might have been.– George Eliot
8. Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.– William Feather
9. He conquers who endures.– Perseus
10. All right Mister, let me tell you what winning means… you’re willing to go longer, work harder, give more than anyone else.– Vincent Lombardi
11. Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.– Thomas Edison
12. Great things happen to those who don’t stop believing, trying, learning, and being grateful.– Roy T. Bennett
13. Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.– Thomas Edison
14. The one who falls and gets up is stronger than the one who never tried. Do not fear failure but rather fear not trying.– Roy T. Bennett
15. Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.– George Edward Woodberry
16. Try and fail, but don’t fail to try.– John Quincy Adams
17. All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.– Walt Disney
18. Take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly, and try another. But by all means, try something.– Franklin D. Roosevelt
19. In the end, the only people who fail are those who do not try.– David Viscott
20. Never be afraid to try something new because life gets boring when you stay within the limits of what you already know.– Unknown
Persist, keep the fire burning
21. Become the person you were meant to be, light your inner fire and follow your heart’s desire.– Leon Brown
22. What matters most is how well you walk through the fire.– Charles Bukowski
23. Kitchen is where fire cooks raw food to make it palatable, adverse situations are where adversity cooks your raw talent to make it an ability.– Rahul Bansal
24. Everyone has the fire, but the champions know when to ignite the spark.– Amit Ray
25. Light the fire within you to light the world with your fire.– P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
26. Energy and persistence conquer all things.– Benjamin Franklin
27. Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.– Bill Bradley
28. Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.– Calvin Coolidge
29. Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.– Dale Carnegie
20. The most essential factor is persistence–the determination never to allow your energy or enthusiasm to be dampened by the discouragement that must inevitably come.– James Whitcomb Riley
31. P is for Persistence! Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Wishing will not; Talent will not; Genius will not; Education will not; Persistence is like a Genie that creates a magical force in your life.– Lucas Remmerswaal
When you have a dream, you pursue it with all of your heart, ability, and talent. Regardless of the difficulties and opposition you face, you maintain your vision of what you want to achieve. That is is persistence.
You may become tired and discouraged from time to time, but you simply rest. Then get right back on.
And we hope that the quotes we shared have helped to bolster and fan the fire within you to keep going.
Please share your thoughts or ideas about the Best Quotes On Persistence (Give Up? Hell No!) in the comments below. And if you liked this article, you might be interested as well in these articles:
36 Positive Life Quotes To Cheer You Up
45 Quotes About Hope From The Oldies
43 Inspiring Quotes On Being Kind And Generous
12 Best Inspirational Quotes To Cheer You Up Now
31 Of The Best Inspirational Quotes Of All Time
Best Inspirational Quotes For The Compassionate Woman
The Best Inspirational Quotes For Strong Women